With the assistance of El Paso County, the City of Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs Utilities, Rocky Top Resources, and the Colorado Springs Gazette, Colorado Springs Youth Sports will be operating a TreeCycle event to reduce tree waste, provide free mulch and support youth sports. For a suggested minimum donation of only $5 per tree, area residents can drop off trees.
Colorado Springs Youth Sports is a charitable non-profit organization that operates the El Pomar Youth Sports Park. 100% of donations received benefit area youth.
Trees and donations will be accepted at the following locations from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM on December 30 & 31 and January 6 and 7:
- Baptist Road Trailhead (Baptist Road & Old Denver Highway)
- Falcon Trailhead (SW of Woodmen Road & McLaughlin Road)
- Cottonwood Creek Park (Dublin Blvd. & Montarbor Drive)
- Sky Sox Stadium (Barnes Road & Tutt Blvd.)
- Rock Ledge Ranch (Gateway Road & 30th Street)
- Memorial Park (Pikes Peak Avenue & Union Blvd.)
- Additionally, trees and donations can be made at Rocky Top Resources (1755 E. Las Vegas Street) from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM weekdays and 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Saturdays over December 26-29 and January 2-31. Rocky Top Resources is closed on Sundays.
All decorations must be removed from trees before drop-off.